Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stardust OST 1974

 [stardust+original+soundtrack+1974.jpg]
While I was in Blackpool, England Xmas 1974 the film Stardust came out. A week after I got there I had been to see That'll Be The Day the first David Essex movie because I'd heard so much about it but never got to see it in Australia. I doubt it was even released widely. Great film. But Stardust looked even better. David Essex was now a huge star. The film's opening night in Blackpool was at the biggest cinema and everyone was going. All the people I'd met at the dance clubs and ice skating. I even had a girlfriend Suzanne. She was into Bowie and thought the latest Queen single was crap. She had a theory that every second song they put out was rubbish. This one was Killer Queen. And she only liked songs that faded. She liked me and Phil Green but I was first to ask her out. This was a new world for me. Sitting on a double decker bus holding hands. Going to the pictures. We'd meet at the bus station. Just like in all those English films I watched.
Film was great. So the next day I went down to WH Smith and bought the soundtrack. This was like the history of sixties music on one album. I didn't really own much sixties stuff except of course the big ones so this introduced me to singles. "She's Not There" by The Zombies..Summer In The City and so much more.  From then on I'd be searching out sixties records wherever I went. My copy is pretty worn out. It's one of my albums that served time at the Rubber Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment