Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Whatever People Say I Am by Arctic Monkeys 2006


I remember reading about the Arctic Monkeys very early on. I jotted down a not about them before I'd even heard their music. "find 5 minutes by The Arctic Monkeys!" When I really first heard them I couldn't believe how good they were. Fantastic songs. Great lyrics. Real rock and roll swagger. then I found their songs were all over the Internet. some great quality, some in peoples living rooms. Wasn't long before I had an albums worth of their stuff. I went down to Pure Pop in St. Kilda and asked for any Arctic Monkeys.."Never heard of them!" wouldn't be long until they were the hottest band out. I was like an Evangelist telling everyone I knew how great they were.
Soon I had 2 albums worth of demos and stuff and then the single came out. Look Good On the Dancefloor. Bit sad that I didn't have a club to play it at but blasted it everywhere I went. Perfect pop song!.
Then this album came out. I was so used to the demos it took me awhile to get used to such a polished product. But come round I did because the songs are just so good. And they way he sings 'em. Unfortunately every album they bring out seems a little worse than the previous one. Can't even bring myself round to listening to the new one. Then again they always have a few good songs tucked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment