Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub 1991


1991 was a great year for music and I'm not even mentioning Nirvana. I was in England when Star Sign came out and it just blew me away. I still have the 7 inches I bought in Virgin London. Oxford street branch if I remember well. I had to wait until later in the year before I could get my hands on Bandwagonesque. And it didn't let me down. It reminded me of Big Star and Badfinger and all those guitar bands from the Seventies but it was very much a current album. looking backwards but zooming forward.
The moment I realised it was a stone-cold classic was sitting outside the garage on the corner of St. Kilda road and Alma road. I stopped the car for petrol but I couldn't get out because The Concept was playing. It was so good I wanted to keep driving and listen to the album.
So I drove to the Lizard lounge and filled my car with petrol on one of my breaks. Superb!

No comments:

Post a Comment