Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oranges and Lemons by XTC 1989


Through 79 until 89 I was sporadically interested in XTC buying their singles and albums. liking them..getting bored with them but when this album came out I realised what a magical band they were and just how good their whole catalogue was . sometimes it takes one album to put a band's output into perspective and this one did it for me. Although I still skipped tracks (and this was a double album) most of it was wonderful and seemed to match the sunlight that streamed through the windows in my small house in Elwood. From the moment I heard Mayor of Simpleton I was hooked. I went back through their old music and looked forward to their creative spurts. they were English and a bit sixties and psychedelic. They just made 1989 for me. The best way to get over the eighties which although had it's fair share of brilliant music had a lot of ear burning rubbish. Thank God for XTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment