Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

My Generation by The Who 1965

For a while there this was the Holy Grail. I spent the second half of the Seventies searching high and low for a copy of this record. That I found a copy just as I was becoming one of the new Mods of 1979 was incredibly timely. When I came across a copy in that underground record shop that I still can't remember the name of I was beside myself with joy. I held it in my hands and I think I actually let out a loud whoop!. That it was only 5 bucks as well. And it was the UK version. In mono. The day was over for record shopping. (Although I did get Shake Some Action by The Flamin Groovies just before. Same-store same price.) 
Actually finding gold like this record has led to a lot of searching through cardboard boxes looking for hidden treasure. Unfortunately, everyone is into it now.
When I got home I played it to death. No, I didn't want to keep a valuable pristine copy, I wanted to hear it on the turntable playing loud. I propped the sleeve upon the top of the player for the world to see. Not long after my flat was broken into and they stole my Les Paul, a six-pack of beer and a carton of Kent cigarettes. Thank God they didn't take this. It's irreplaceable.

No comments:

Post a Comment