Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2021

Lovers by Sleepy Jackson 2003

Lovers by Sleepy Jackson came out in 2003 and it soundtracked a month of sunshine back in Elwood. And I still get a kick out of it when I play it now. A bit of George Harrison-type slide in the guitars doesn't hurt. Truly great songs. Must be something in the water in West Australia which gives the music light and bounce and total grooviness.

Again it was someone talking about the band that got me onto them. I think it was my mate Poz. When I heard the name I thought it might be just some country type album. It had those connotations. But then I got to hear This Day on the radio. I didn't know it was them but I knew I liked the song. So I had to wait through another one or two songs hoping that they would announce the artist. And there it was. Sleepy Jackson. I immediately jumped in the car and drove down to JB HiFi in Brighton which was kind of my first stop for music in those days. Bought the CD and put it in the car stereo and bang there was Good Dancers as the opening track and I knew this was going to be great. I took the long way home just so I could listen to the album. Ending up driving down Beach Road listening to Sleepy Jackson. Sunshine in a bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment