Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Here Come The Warm Jets by Brian Eno 1974


If you're going to have a favourite Eno album well why not the first one where you can still see the ties to his old band Roxy Music but you can also see the future of rock. well not everyones future but certainly Bowie and his Berlin triology and punk rock with brian Eno whining over mutated sounds. Really there is so much on this album to get into sometimes it's hard to get out.
One of my more sonic choices of the late seventies I would lie with my head on a pillow in between two speakers listening to this album. Stopping after 20 minutes to flip the record over and waiting for my two favourite tracks "Some Of Them are Old" and "Here Comes The warm Jets" it's a pity it took me 4 years after it's release to discover it.
I wouldn't of bought this album if not for the second guitarist we got in the Fiction in 1978. Joe Clarke was an English lad who came across all Brian Jones and always had his guitar and his girlfriend with him. He would play "Some Of Them are Old" on his electric guitar  and enlighten me to the album he got it off. I loved that melody so much I had to go and find it. And found a whole lot more.
Joe was only around for maybe one or two gigs. A co-headline spot with La Femme upstairs at the Crystal Ballroom which was packed and that was it. I got sick, communications broke down and we never saw him again.
I continued to explore Brian Eno albums and have a particular fondness for Music For Airports when the moment is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment