Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The La's by The La's 1990


If the Lemonheads were a summery band that summed up living close to the beach in Elwood then a couple of years before that we were listening to The La's whose debut album came out just as I was moving into my new house. At first, it was really hard to get past "There She Goes' which just so happens to be the perfect pop song. Once you played that song you just wanted to hear it again, And again. but I got over that and it became another summer album. And we loved talking about it because Lee Mavers who was the leader of the band went out there and slagged the album off. Which was very theatrical and dramatic and looked a bit like a pose until he never actually released another record.
And strangely enough, it reminds me of my first CD tower. My CD collection had grown to something that needs containing. So on my birthday, I received a CD Tower. This was one of the first. We'd not seen them before. And though it only held about 50 CDs it was huge. More like a sculpture than the thin wire ones that came later. And it was as tall as me.
But I digress. Great album from Liverpool. Not too far from Blackpool and a pointer to what some of the songs Oasis would sound like.

No comments:

Post a Comment