Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Violent Femmes 1983

I bought this album one week after they had played the Jump Club in Collingwood. When I heard this album I was kicking myself for missing out on such a great band. My wife saw them busking outside Missing Link and then spent the day with them. Just hanging out. Everyone saw them but me. Which wouldn't have been so bad except the album was just fantastic and it reigned the turntable for so long that by the time it was worn out I had to buy it has a CD. We were also playing a number of tracks off it when I started DJing and would continue to play Blister In The Sun and Gone Daddy Gone forever.
At the Lizard, I loved playing Add It Up cos the punters went totally wild. Oh and the joy of dancing to Kiss Off. Playing the album I'm still amazed at how good it was while still sounding like it's played on acoustic instruments and still rocking madly.
I did get to see them years later at Tower Records in London. and they blew off the roof! People were crammed around the band on a small stage and all up the stairway to the next level. So many smiling faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment